Sunday, January 2, 2011

Prayer Journal

Good evening ladies and gentlemen! It has certainly been some time since we last talked. I apologize for being a stranger but believe it or not, the end of my Christmas break actually turned out to be hectic! The spring semester is about to start up again and I am already at school strategizing as to how im going to successfully pass this semester. Thankfully, I have the privilege of serving a God who has already decided the outcome of this coming semester. All I have to do is stay faithful to my creator and work on all my homework as if I were personally turning it into God himself.

Out of the things God showed me over this Christmas break, the biggest and I think most important lesson He showed me was to have open ears and an open heart to what
He has to tell me. BUT, not just listening to what He has to say, but also ACTING upon what is said. I find that I am surrounded by apathetic Christians. Listen ladies and gentlemen, Christians should be the LEAST apathetic people in the world. Anywho...the story goes like this:

It was around 2am and I was nice and comfy in my bed under my sleeping bag..yes sleeping bag because I use a sleeping bag as a comforter...its complicated, but I love sleeping bags. So I was all comfy in my bed when I felt God telling me to get up and start journaling. I was hesitant at first, but God reassured me to get up, find an empty journal and just write down my prayers to Him. I found a half empty journal and began praying. As I was praying, God began to reveal to me bitterness that I had towards people, people I have lost touch with, what areas I can improve my walk in, and multiple other things. It was amazing!! God was so tangible in that room with me that night. My encouragement to you guys and gals is to start up a prayer journal if you don't already have one. If you don't know what what a prayer journal is, it is simply a journal that you write your prayers down in. Not only does it keep you focused (because I have a hard time with that), but you can look back at certain prayer requests that God has clearly answered. Its great all around! If you don't have a journal, you can find them cheap at any bookstore! I prefer Barnes and Noble..just saying. They have a good selection. Ok well thats it folks, stay awesome!

-R

1 comment:

  1. Bro... thanks for sharing!
    Keep up the blogging... it's good for you! (and me... because I don't see you as much anymore!)

    ReplyDelete